OCD | Distribution Tool
Making delicious coffee is all about understanding variables & taking control of them. Distribution creates major variables standing in the road of quality & consistency. The OCD eliminates those inconsistencies.
- The OCD has four angled slopes that consistently, efficiently & evenly glides the coffee around in a circle to create a puck of even density. No more inconsistencies between baristas’ distribution or lack of distribution in the café.
- The OCD creates a perfectly flat surface to tamp upon, creating more consistent puck density. No human has a perfectly straight finger, some baristas leave a slight mound or divot in the coffee, which means they tamp down inconsistencies in the puck density.
- The OCD can be adjusted to suit a range of doses, depending on specific roasting styles. This tool can even suit those using very low doses or larger baskets.
- No more dirty, cracked coffee fingers after a day of service on the espresso machine.
- No need to collapse the dose. After extensive taste testing with multiple coffees & different roasting styles, we have found any form of collapsing to stratify grinds, creating very inconsistent extraction & qualities of taste (separate to yield). Each barista will also collapse differently, creating yet another inconsistency in the café. The OCD takes the same time to create a more even & consistent puck, giving more consistent & delicious extractions.
- Less channelling & micro-channelling, improper or rushed distribution, is more likely to channel which is disastrous to taste. Micro-channelling is also difficult to visually identify & is more likely to happen with inconsistent or no distribution – the OCD will remove this variable.